- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cream
- 4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Stir in green onion and parsley; cook until the green onion has softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes more, stirring constantly.
Pour in the cream, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Once the cream comes to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in the shredded Swiss and Parmesan cheeses. Slowly simmer, uncovered, until the sauce has thickened, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.