- 1 small eggplant, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (6 inch) French sandwich rolls
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
Preheat your oven’s broiler. Brush eggplant slices with olive oil, and place them on a baking sheet or broiling pan. Place the pan about 6 inches from the heat source. Cook under the broiler for 10 minutes, or until tender and toasted.
Split the French rolls lengthwise, and toast. In a cup or small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and garlic. Spread this mixture on the toasted bread. Fill the rolls with eggplant slices, tomato, feta cheese and basil leaves.