- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Fill a saucepan half full with water and bring to a boil. Add the green beans and fennel slices; cook until just beginning to become tender, about 4 minutes. Pour into a colander to drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
Return the empty pan to the stove and set heat to medium. Pour in the olive oil and let it heat for a minute. Return the green beans and fennel to the pan. Season with basil, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until coated and warm. Transfer to a serving dish and toss with feta cheese