- 3 pounds bone-in chicken pieces
- 1 gallon water
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 large head cabbage, cored and shredded
- 3 large peeled and diced red potatoes
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bunch chopped fresh dill
Place chicken in a large pot of water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook approximately 30 minutes. Remove from water, cool, and shred into bite-size pieces. Discard skin and bones.
In a large stock pot, heat 1 gallon of water with tomato soup and salt. Bring to a low boil. Place cabbage, potatoes, carrot, onion, chicken, and bay leaf in pot, and return to a simmer. Cook at a very low simmer until vegetables are tender, approximately 20 minutes. Add parsley and dill, taste and adjust seasoning with salt if needed, and serve.