- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
Wash and trim Brussels sprouts. Cut an “X”, about 1/8 inch deep in the stem of the sprouts, (this helps cook the sprouts more evenly and quickly).
In a medium-size pot, cover Brussels sprouts with water, add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 6 minutes or until tender; drain. Be careful not to overcook sprouts.
Place sprouts in a small casserole dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of melted butter over the sprouts and mix well to coat.
Combine parmesan cheese, dried bread crumbs, garlic powder, black pepper, seasoning salt and remaining butter and mix well; sprinkle mixture over sprouts.
Heat sprouts under broiler (about 4 inches away from heat) for about 5 minutes or until crumb mixture is lightly browned. Serve hot.