Thank you for your interest in Red Ridge Farms! I am excited about our gardening venture, and hope you will join us.
As we are increasing our size, we will be offering new CSA memberships for 2012. Briefly, our CSA (community supported agriculture) will provide a reliable source of fresh and fully nutritional food items, grown and produced free of chemicals. Your membership in our farm supports biodiversity, clean air, and stewardship of the land. For the growing season, you will share in the bounty from our farm, and we will bring the harvest to a drop off site near your neighborhood, and possibly to your door step.
Pickup locations: Overland Park, Lee’s Summit, Grain Valley, Brookside, and at the farm South of Odessa. We are also working on a possible site in Centralia. Stay tuned.
Length of the Season:
- Spring and Summer Sessions this year are combined into one 25 week session beginning mid-April and ending in September
- Session 2 will start in September and continue for 8-10 weeks, depending on the weather
- Session 3 will be a new winter schedule, based on weather and interest
2012 Share Sizes and Costs (for specifics on each pickup site- look at the contracts):
- Full Share: Approximately 5-9 items per week depending on time of season. Great for veggie lovers, juicers, and families. Also great if you like to freeze portions. Includes farm news, recipes, and info about healthy eating and using your harvest. Full share cost: $25 per week, $625 for spring/summer session.
- Partial Share: Approximately 3-6 items per week, depending on time of season. Good option for smaller households, or for those looking to sample. Includes farm news, recipes, and information about healthy eating and using your harvest. Partial share cost: $18 each week, $450 for the spring/summer session
- Market style or Debit style membership: this option is NOT available at all locations. This membership operates like a debit card. Select what you want, when you want, from the produce available. Different payment levels available at Brookside, one option available at Lee’s Summit and Overland Park. We track your spending for you, and will let you know when you have reached your prepaid amount.
One Time Purchase or Gift Baskets available
Surprise someone with a bountiful harvest from the garden. Basket includes in season vegetables and possibly fruits, fresh floral bouquet, and a jar of honey or preserves. Cost: $75, includes first 15 miles of delivery
How Do I Join?
Please confirm with us that openings are still available. Call (816) 690-7161 or email us. Once you have received confirmation that spots are still available, send in the contract and payment to:
Red Ridge Farms 438 Colbern Road Ext. Oak Grove, MO 64075
Thank you for the opportunity to work together! Looking forward to a bountiful harvest,
Jim, Ami, Anna & Andrew Zumalt
Red Ridge Farms