- 3 slices bacon
- 1 bunch collard greens – rinsed, trimmed and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) smoked pork chop, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon, and fry until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain off excess fat. Add the onion; cook and stir until slightly browned. Add the pork chop, and season with cayenne pepper. Cook until pork is browned.
Add the collard greens, and pour in the chicken broth and beer. Cook over medium-low heat for 30 to 40 minutes, until collards are tender. Crumble bacon on top, and season with salt and pepper before serving.